The National Agency for Insertion and Development of Agriculture (ANIDA) has requested the support of a Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer for a 17 day volunteer assignment (including travel) located in Dakar and Thieppe, Senegal. The selected volunteer will train and build knowledge of ANIDA staff and extension agents on how to install, use, and maintain solar energy equipment.
The volunteer should have the following qualifications and background:
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in agriculture, horticulture, ag engineering, or related field
- At least seven (7) years of experience with solar energy technologies
- Experience in solar energy use in the field of agriculture. Experience in sizing of solar photovoltaic equipment, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment
- French skills are desirable but not mandatory; F2F will provide translation as needed
Interested parties should contact Samantha Williams at Sam.Williams@winrock.org