Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance - Business Organizer
Job Title: Business Organizer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: October 20, 2016
The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(6) corporation dedicated to promoting the energy efficiency and renewable energy industries in Pennsylvania. KEEA advocates on behalf of energy efficiency professionals on the local, state, and federal levels. By representing the interests of the advanced energy industry in Pennsylvania, KEEA is expanding the market for energy efficiency and helping the Keystone State secure a prosperous, sustainable tomorrow.
KEEA works along with its 501(c)(3) sister organization, the KEEA Energy Education Fund (KEEF) with the mission to increase the energy efficiency of Pennsylvania’s buildings through advocacy, education, and training.
KEEA & KEEF have an ambitious energy policy agenda to modernize utilities and energy markets in Pennsylvania. We have shown tremendous entrepreneurial growth over the last several years and now seek additional team members to help us take the next steps.
Despite the thousands of businesses that participate in the advanced energy sector, when it comes to setting the commonwealth’s energy agenda, their voices are drowned out by a small but vocal minority of entrenched interests that seek to hold energy policy back, rather than move it forward. KEEF’s ambitious project, Businesses Engaged in Energy Efficiency (B.E3) will change the narrative, and shine a spotlight on businesses across the Commonwealth that implement and benefit from innovative energy policies.
KEEF’s B.E3 project is a multi-year effort that will identify, organize, and mobilize energy efficiency advocates in the business community — companies that do the work, and benefit financially from energy efficiency upgrades. Over the life of the project, KEEF will build a broad network of businesses committed to energy efficiency, and ultimately, a coalition of businesses that are willing to stand up against regressive energy policies, educate decision makers and the public, and become true advocates for an energy efficient future in the Commonwealth.
● With the Executive Director, develop quarterly plans for outreach with specific, measurable metrics for business engagement
● Identify potential energy efficiency champions in the business community and make connections through calls and emails, networking, attending events, etc.
● Establish and nurture meaningful long-term relationships
● Organize facility tours, educational opportunities, and educational meetings between energy efficiency businesses, local elected officials, and other decision makers
● Highlight local success stories in the media via letters to the editor, op-eds, press releases, and press conferences
● Engage businesses directly in policy advocacy
● Author reports and factsheets with compelling case studies
● Create tools such as data maps with information gathered from outreach
● Work closely with KEEA’s current members and partners
● Grow KEEA’s membership and network
● Experience in organizing, policy work, and/or advocacy
● Proven track record in building and developing relationships from scratch with influential stakeholders
● Experience working with elected officials
● Demonstrated success in building and leading coalitions
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
● Experience working with the media
● Ability to set and hit realistic yet aggressive benchmarks
● Ability to work independently, with frequent travel
● Strong research skills
● Familiarity with CRM preferred
● Experience in and knowledge of the energy field preferred
KEEA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and hires on merit.
Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Business Organizer in the subject line.