Join us as a Regulatory Analyst in our US Market Development and Government Affairs team which is situated in our newly established Boston office. This is the next step in our company's growth, and you will have the opportunity to be part of our growing US team and help deliver the overall US market growth objectives. You will be responsible for tracking and shaping the legislative and regulatory developments at federal and state level that impact the emerging offshore wind market in North America. Together with your colleagues, you will monitor and advocate for policy changes in the local US electricity markets, ensuring that we are able to adapt to changes proactively.
Market Development and Government Affairs is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You will be based at our office in Boston MA. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work both domestically and occasionally overseas.
- identify and analyze proposed legislative and regulatory proposals at the state level to determine the impact on market growth and profitability
- assist our Head of Market Development and Governmental Affairs and outside counsel in regulatory processes for the establishment of state level offshore wind procurement processes and offtake mechanisms
- participate in stakeholder meetings and other venues to disseminate best practices in the development of offshore wind policies and programs
- provide regular updates to internal stakeholders on the status of the US offshore wind market development and respond to inquiries on an as-needed basis
- track and participate as needed in ongoing discussions at the Regional Transmission Organizations on market design changes to accommodate greater penetration of policy-supported renewable resources within a competitive market framework.
Your Qualifications And Core Competences Include That You
- have an advanced degree in energy, environmental policy or J.D
- are experienced in promoting policies and programs supportive of clean energy technologies at the legislative or regulatory levels
- are able to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholder interests
- possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world's largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Helga Tobiasen, US Integration Manager, on telephone +1 617 959 3135 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 17 November 2016, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
It is essential that you are eligible to work in the US.
- See: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/228099290 for links to apply.