UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND EXTENSION
Functional Title: Energy Conservation and Technology Specialist
Location: Western Maryland Research & Education Center, Keedysville, Maryland
The Energy Conservation and Technology Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and evaluating educational programs for Maryland communities and citizens. Specifically, this position will provide leadership and delivery of educational programming related to energy conservation and clean energy technology including solar, wind, biomass, natural gas and other applications. The Specialist will facilitate partnerships with university colleagues, local and state agencies, elected officials, communities, landowners, industry and environmental groups in developing sustainable energy practices and opportunities while protecting, as well as advocating for a science-based and responsible approach to handling the state’s water, forest and other natural resources.
• Master’s degree with three to five years of related experience.
• Background in area of natural resources, agriculture and energy conservation and technology.
• Demonstrated leadership and management abilities with evidence of being able to work well with volunteers and diverse clientele.
• Knowledge and use of computer technology for educational programming and management is required.
• Personal transportation and valid driver’s license required. Must be willing to travel within the assigned counties and state.
• Flexible work schedule required for delivering evening and weekend educational programs and activities as determined by clientele availability and needs.
• Evidence of excellent teaching & communication skills.
• This position is subject to a Criminal History Record Check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of the Criminal History Record Check.
• Ph.D. preferred with two years of experience.
• Extension or similar work experience preferred (e.g., work with community economic development, energy technologies and business education).
• Experience working with volunteers desirable.
• Preference will be given to individuals with experience working with diverse audiences and all socioeconomic levels.
All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu. A complete application packet includes a cover letter, resume or CV, copies of transcripts, and three (3) professional references, including name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Closing Date: For best consideration, complete application by July 1, 2017. Position will remain open until suitable candidate has been identified.
Questions can be directed to Jonathan Kays, firstname.lastname@example.org